Wholesaling and bird dogging is a very popular strategy for beginners. 2 very important skills are needed: finding great deals and building a buyers list. Here are 6 ways to build your buyers list.
- Online ads – Search Craigslist, newspaper and Social Media sites such as BiggerPockets, LinkedIn, Facebook and Forums like REIClub. Anyone with We Buy Houses or are investors in your market or strategy could be potential buyers.
- Real Estate Clubs – Great place to find a large concentration of buyers in your market. Promote your deals and your services with flyers, networking and even speaking if possible.
- Title Search – Contact title and get a list of buyers information for all homes that sold in your market for homes similar to what you are targeting. You may have to research these people to get their contact info, but that is an easy thing to delegate to an assistant or even a virtual assistant.
- Wholesalers & Bird Dogs – There are likely wholesalers and bird dogs in your area marketing and promoting their deals and services. They could be buyers or you can team up with them and share their buyers lists. I’m sure they would promote your deals if you give them a win-win.
- Signs, construction projects – Any ‘We Buy Houses’ signs or investor signs are potential buyers. Also, when driving around you may notice construction projects which could be investors doing a rehab deal.
- Agents, mortgage brokers and other real estate professionals – Agents have retail buyers lists as do mortgage brokers, appraisers, contractors, attorneys, cpas, etc. Even communicate with your personal contacts as they may be able to give you some potential buyers.