The current market conditions have resulted in incredible opportunities for investors. In order to take advantage of the oversupply of opportunities, we investors must efficiently sift through the many available properties and separate the deals from the duds. But first, you need deals coming into your pipeline that fit your criteria. And not just a few, you need an abundance. Here are some ways to get tons of profitable deals to cherry pick from.
1. Have agents do the work for you – Agents are starving these days and will work their tail off for peanuts these days
2. Build an REO agents list – Use Craigslist, Foreclosure.com, web searches or even get agent info from Title companies.
3. Give them your criteria and teach them your systems – Work with the agents to use your effective systems, it will save both of you a lot of time.
4. Use multiple agents to find deals – Agents usually specialize in certain areas and types of deals, multiple agents will bring more deals into your pipeline.
5. Find agents that can feed you properties before they are listed – Being able to snatch up deals with no competition is huge. Prove that you can close on deals over and over and keep getting fed great deals. Bail on a lot of deals without good cause and risk ruining the relationship, treat the bank/sellers with respect and do not waste their time.
6. Target a few areas or cities – Targeting multiple areas will increase the amount of deals you can cherry pick from, just do not overdue it or you may end up with some duds for deals.
7. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing – There are so many foreclosures these days, but there are still distressed homeowners not in foreclosure. People face financial hardships, divorce, probate, absentee owners, etc. It is strongly recommended to have good targeted marketing campaigns to bring in more deals to your pipelines and the opportunity to negotiate straight with the seller.